Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has devoted its entire business to fueling connection among girls and helping them to unleash their full potential with dolls, boths crafts, and more.
- More than 157 million American Girl® books have been sold since 1986.
- Over 32 million American Girl® dolls have been sold through the company’s catalogue, retail stores, and website since 1986.
- The American Girl catalogue is the largest consumer toy catalogue and ranks as one of the top 30 consumer catalogues in the country.
- American Girl® magazine ranks among the top ten children’s magazines in the nation and is the largest publication dedicated exclusively to girls ages 8 and up.
- American Girl’s proprietary retail stores have welcomed over 94 million visitors. The stores have won numerous awards and are recognized as premier models for experiential retail.
- The American Girl website, americangirl.com, receives over 45 million visits per year.
- American Girl’s social channels—Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube—reach a combined audience of over 2MM followers.
- American Girl has a long-standing commitment to children’s charities nationwide. To date, the company has donated more than $125 million in cash and products.